Friday, September 8, 2017

Losing The Lines

Wow! This is my second post of the day. And, again I tried the "no line" stamping. This time I went with an Autumn theme and made a Thanksgiving card. I used a leaf and sentiment from the Simple Things Stamp set by Gina K. Designs and the leaf was stamped three times with the Memento Desert Sand ink. I used alcohol ink markers which were a combination of Copics and Bic Mark-It pens.


I fussy cut around the leaves and then layered that panel onto some Gina K. Designs pattern paper from the Grateful Heart paper pack. These two layers were then added to a white card stock base. I then stamped the sentiment with Gina K. Designs black ink and fussy cut it out. The finishing touch was to add some gold nailhead stickers from the Mark Richards line.

I will be entering this card into the Mod Squad Blog Challenge as well in which we were to lose the lines when stamping our images. I think this time I did a little better. LOL

Well, that's all for today folks! Have a good evening and thanks for visiting.

God bless,
Verna

13 comments:

Macimbalo said...

This is so pretty! I love the coloring and the colors you used! Gorgeous!!!

Rosy Newlun said...

Your leaves are beautiful, Verna! I love the no-line look and you sure did it justice! I hope your leg doesn't get worse. Yes, our thoughts and hearts are heavy with all the disasters happening all over. I know it brings out the best in most humans who will aid their neighbors, even saving their lives.

Barbara said...

This card is so gorgeous and I love the no line leaves.

Liz said...

Gorgeous card, Verna, beautiful autumn colours. xx

Patti J said...

Very pretty card, Verna! Love the fussy cut edge, and your no line coloring is perfect! Thanks for the inspiration!

Dawn S. said...

This is beautiful! I like everything!

laurie said...

What a beautiful fall card...love those gorgeous leaves!

Judy Woodland said...

Another beauty, and I love how you have fussy cut the leaves. It just makes them pop against the darker patterned paper background. Thanks for playing along once again over at The Mod Squad!
Judy

Donna Phelan said...

This is such a beautiful Fall card! I adore your design and those fabulous leaves--great technique!

scrappymo! said...

Wonderful fall card. Great colours here...brings thoughts of autumn to mind.
We were up at the lake the last two days and saw dozens of geese flying south in that V formation they use.
They would fly up from the lake and head straight south. Seems maybe an indication of fall and perhaps a hard winter coming?

Downsouth said...

Verna, I really, really like this card; it is so neat and simple for the fall season. The colors are 'right on' for fall. But what is this 'no lines' in the rules for the challenge...You have lines in the card.

Cornelia (fun stamping) said...

Beautiful fall card - lovely colors! My favorite time of the year!!! Thanks for all your kind comments!

laurie said...

This is gorgeous Verna! I love the fussy cut leaves and autumn colors!

Fluttering By

 First of all I want to wish all my Canadian friends a Happy Canada Day! I hope your day is extra special. This card I am showing uses an Al...